Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One thing in common: HOCKEY!!!

Last saturday ive decided to have a little get together at my place with a few buddies from work and other friends to watch the Habs hockey game as, I dont want to brag, have a 52 inch top of the line HD plasma screen.
We all had one thing in common and that was the love for our town's sports team. As this bond was present, I feel that the leisure experience was enhanced as everybody was having a good time. Every point made by the Habs, everyone would jump up and down from excitement; every point made by the other team, everyone would feel down. I can't imagine how the night would be if one of the guys was bored and complaining, I guess we wouldn't enjoy ourselves that much. For example, after the hockey game, some guys left to do whatever they had to do and a few of us stayed as we ordered the Roy Jones boxing event. Out of 10 guys which all enjoyed hockey, we were 4 left and I noticed that one of them was simply bored and absolutely had no reaction towards what was happening at the main event. It wasn't the same atmosphere as for the hockey game. I guess, next time when I organize such a gathering, I'll to combine people that have all the same interests. I feel this will definetely enhance our leisure experience. That is what I learnt that night as per leisure education.

No comments: