Saturday, September 27, 2008

Do I have time for everything...

Yesterday night, I went to a bachelor party starting with dinner at L'Orignal in the old port. We were about 20 guys; some were family members, other friends and some people I didn't know but of course had the opportunity to acquaint with. I ordered the beef tartar as an appetizer and the boar with risutto as the main course....nothing too special, we should of went to Mcdonald's but the wine and ambiance was fabulous.
I arrived at the restaurant at ten in the evening while the guests have already arrived there at around eight. I was late....it wasn't even fashionnable.
After a few hours of sleep on Thursday, I woke up at around seven in the morning. First I did the usual morning stuff and went for a morning jog. Afterwards, I have worked from 9h30 to 5h30, then arrived late at class from 6 to literally till 9. For some reason, in that particular class which doesn't even involve university credits as it is a mandatory class for students on academic probation, the teacher only lets us go at nine on the dot and if we miss more than one class, well, we fail. Anyways, after class had a little chat with some buddies...started walking towards the metro for the old port and met an old buddy of mine from a previous job on the street, chatted some more, and finally showed up at the restaurant at around ten. The evening continued after the dinner, until around 4am...I would stay longer but had to wake up before 8am to go and work again. And after I came back home from the party, I had to check my emails and take a shower.
That was an incredibly hectic day which is typical on three, four days in my week. School ( three courses) and work ( full time)are a real hassle and gets in the way for things I truly enjoy. I barely have time to practice my instruments, study or do assignments in the very late evenings, stopped temporarily going to the gym, rarely watch TV which is a pure delight for me....TIME CONSTRAINTS and more TIME CONSTRAINTS...Is it my lack of time management...or I have too many things to do...Should I cut back on work or concentrate on fewer things.
What should I do to properly balance leisure and obligations? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

No comments: