Sunday, September 28, 2008

My leisure choices: Saturday 27th of September

Endless options what to do on a Saturday night. What would be my intrinsic motivation when choosing the right thing to do. How to choose the option that would make me most happy and that I wouldn't regret.
This Saturday I was a bit troubled what to do.
These were my options:

-Spoke with my cousin on Friday to hang out on Saturday and do whatever
-Mont Tremblant in a luxurious condo, poker, dinner, jacuzzi as a continuation of a bachelor party that started on Friday night
-Go to a resto-bar to celebrate a good friends 30th birthday
-BBQ and house party at a co-worker's apartment
-Sleep

My initial plans were to sleep as I haven't really slept Thursday or Friday night and worked on Saturday till five and didn't really know what I wanted to do. As I was ridiculously tired, I forgot about my cousin, declined the Mont Tremblant event as I had things to do on Sunday, the resto-bar, well that could of been fun, and the BBQ, I don't want to hang out too much with co-workers.
So, I came home from work, watched briefly TV and was getting ready to sleep...my cell phone was left in the kichen so I wasn't able to pick up the calls while watching TV and finally at some point went to get something to eat and noticed that I had 11 missed calls and most of them were related to the BBQ. I called back one of the people from the BBQ and they couldn't accept NO as an answer, gave me 45 minutes for a nap and came to pick me up as they know I have tendencies to drink in an immoral way so taking my car would be a mistake. My extrinsic motivation here was that I felt I had the duty to go to make others happy and as per intrinsic, after all, it's sometimes good to see co-workers outside of work,there were going to be a few people there i really haven't had the chance to have a real conversation with.
Anyways, that night ended costing me around 150$ partially because we went to a club later on and what pissed me off the most is that I woke up on Sunday in the afternoon at around 5pm.
That night was ok but I literally wasted money on nothing, wasted my whole day on Sunday sleeping missing a lunch at one of my aunts place which I promised I'll go to, at the moment under stress because I have a lot things to do ... Nothing really positive came out of that night. I could of went to Mont Tremblant after all...The whole point of my initial plan to sleep early Saturday was to wake up early on Sunday.
I have made the BAD choice.

No comments: