I guess I have no choice but to start writing...after receiving an email reminding me that I’m behind on this passionate project not writing or displaying anything on a blog created a week or two ago...a leisure blog...and a quasi-imposed one. Am I having pleasure right now writing...I don’t know...I’m continuously thinking about what to write but for some reason it writes itself...Wouldn't life be beautiful if all you had to do is to show up to class and attentively listen, take your notes...go home, do whatever you have to do and come back to class the next week not even mentioning or thinking what you have done in class previously during the whole week..having your short week committed to leisure and that activity you cant live without; work unless you’re one of ‘those’ blessed by materialistic fortune and all they do is leisure....but look at this...there’s a blog to fill in, assignments to do, read from books...and we might even have surprises to do extra work...doesn’t this take away from your leisure time...I was actually anxious to a certain extent today at work thinking about the fact that I have to get started on this blog and instead of actively planning my night, my leisure time...I’m in front of a computer writing and writing...and more writing...and on the same time thinking to myself I could be doing something else that would make me happy such as anything else than this....Now I’m being pessimistic....heck lets call it complaining....but you know what...the other day, I was truly bewildered, maybe not bewildered, that’s a strong word, let’s say moved and got a stronger admiration towards our teacher...I couldn’t grasp the fact that Professor Henle...took all our answers from 2 weeks ago about those miniature questionnaires we had to fill out about our leisure time and tabulated them into graphs and percentages...themes...Now, I tell myself..if He takes the time out of his leisure, his free time to do something which nobody imposed on him, refusing to be that teacher that says hi at the beginning of the class, gives a chapter to read and the next word he says is bye....well then...I believe I could do this to...and maybe learn to enjoy it and perhaps make it a leisurely activity
Till next time....
Publish Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Adam! I'm Jessica, your TA for the semester and I wanted to introduce myself! Welcome to blogging, and I hope you begin to enjoy blogging and it doesn't stay a source of anxiety for you! You can always surf students' pages if you ever need some inspiration!
Good start to blogging. If you want to make your blog more leisurely why not blog about your leisure plans? What are you thinking of doing for your leisure and what are the factors that make you choose one type of leisure over another?
SH
Post a Comment