According to our class definition, leisure is defined as 'a state of mind, freely chosen that results in intrinsic feelings of happiness; satisfaction, pleasure and/or enjoyment' This definition helps me to understand leisure in my life. Whatever I do which I relate to leisure is aimed to bring upon happiness as playing instruments, socializing...demonstrated in my blog, and try to find leisure in things I'm not to keen on such as attending a funeral or writing this blog.
I value leisure because we cannot just work and attend university and follow through our obligations...As a human being, we need time to relax, to enjoy ourselves, have our minds free of somewhat stress induced obligations and find leisure in our lives. In my blog, I have clearly demonstrated this above mentionned statement, as there are many activities I enjoy to the point I do not have time to do everything which brings us to the question:' Is your leisure constrained? How?'
I do not have time to do everything I would like to do in the leisurely sense due to poor time management. Eventhough, time is not included in our definition, it is sometimes necessary in order to partake in activities that do not revolve around obligations such as work. Two entries in my blog are related to time constraints.
Leisure education; I believe we are continously educating ourselves about the subject without even being fully conscious about it. We browse the net, read magazines, watch TV, talk to friends....and in every aspect, there will be something related to leisure. For example, a commercial, ad or article about skydiving which you never thought of doing or a friend tells you about this great Indian restaurant...These are examples of leisure education however not to the extent which we should grasp that information we have learnt from others and use it for our education. I believe this class will give us the necessary tools to fully understand and enjoy leisure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great start. You are beginning to apply your experience to leisure. More insight would help you learn about leisure in your life and how to help leisure educate others. Please be careful about expressing yourself when writing. 6.5/10
Post a Comment